Saturday, January 14, 2012

Where to begin?

A writer I am not, but what I am is very blessed and overwhelmed by God's goodness to the point I feel that I need to share. Our journey began over 10 years ago...Chris and I began dating after a trip to the lake with the Singles Sunday School Class from FBC Alabaster (thanks, Mr. and Mrs. Howton). With the age difference of a little more than 6 years, our paths would not have crossed except with the perfect timing of our Creator and Author of Life, our Heavenly Father! He placed us together and we both immediately knew this was it, the one. Often times we will ask ourselves, "Why did this happen to me?" or "What does this mean for me?" or even "What is God trying to teach me through this process?" Many times we don't learn by asking, we learn by walking in faith and seeking His will. Our pasts were full of ups and downs, several premature and failed engagements to a failed marriage; however, God promises not give us more than we can handle. We both struggled through the valleys and all that helped prepare us for one another.

Chris and I dated only 9 months before getting engaged and then were married less than a year later. This was the one and we were both confident of our future together. God began to work in our united life together immediately. We found a church home with nearly and newly married couples and the older couple leading our class who encouraged our growth in so many ways! The Biblical Portrait of a Marriage was our curriculum for almost 2 years. Each chapter brought a different aspect of marriage into discussion, some were strengths for us and others were weaknesses. None the less, we stuck together and grew not only as a couple together but also in our relationship with our Heavenly Father. It was a great time for us. Couples we met there have become dear friends and have gone along with us and partnered with us through good times and difficult times.

As we celebrated our 10 year anniversary, it seemed as though we have been together forever but yet the time has flown by. It is amazing how time flies by! So where do I begin...with my best friend, my helpmate, my Bunches! Yes, Bunches is were I began with the blogging entries. Baby, sweetheart, and honey are not for us, we are Bunches to one another and we love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment